Sunday, 22 November 2015

Priceline's 40% Off Cosmetics Sale Haul

I get way too excited at the prospect of a Priceline '40% Off Sale'. This time around it was Cosmetics and I was really organised. I made my list, sorted it by brand so I had a clear and direct route in-store, got in and then got out quick smart. Priceline on sale days can be a bit of a circus, there are heaps of helpful staff around but if you don't know what you are looking for it can get a little overwhelming and in my experience you tend to throw things in your basket that you haven't given enough thought to. Especially if you go with some friends.

Now I know you could look at this haul and tell me I went over the top, my friends certainly did went I got back to work, but I use these sales as an opportunity to both stock up on things I love as well as pick up things that I have wanted to try for ages but wasn't completely sold on. I'd much rather be disappointed with a product I got on sale than one I paid full price for, which I'm sure we can all agree on.

Now that I'm done justifying my loot, let's just take a look shall we?


Mascara is the single beauty product I use up the quickest. I know you are meant to throw them out every three months but mine never last that long anyway. I try to only have one or two on the go at a time, and if I don't love it I chuck it and move on. Life is too short to battle with a crappy mascara I think. If I do love it, it will get used everyday but I always find they go a bit dry or I use them up by the three month mark. I have had two of these before (L'Oreal's Telescopic and False Lash Butterfly Wings) and have loved them both so I repurchased them, however the other four I have had on 'the list' for ages because of recommendations or loving the other versions of them.

As much as I wish I could easily find drugstore foundations that I love the truth is that as a pale person the colour range available from brands (or at least the selection that gets stocked in Australia) is often not wide enough to accommodate us fair gals. I'm the shade Siberia in NARS Sheer Glow for anyone wondering. The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and Maybelline Fit Me have had my eye for a while because they get such great reviews online so I picked up the lightest shades in each. Can't wait to see how these go.


I also grabbed the Max Factor Face Finity All Day Primer and a couple of powders; with the weather warming up and the days getting that bit longer I'm keen to find things that help me keep my makeup looking fresher for longer.

Finally lippies and eyes. These are probably my favourite things to shop for, and judging by the number of people I spotted leaving Priceline with a rainbow of pink, red and coral swatches on the back of their hands I would say I'm not alone. I grabbed four of the Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks in lively summer perfect hues and two of the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipsticks in more neutral tones.

I have been to a few of these sales now and my tips would be firstly, to have a list. It's easy to get carried away when you see a hundred other people reaching for a thousand different things. It's equally easy to walk out and completely forget something that was at the top of your list. Secondly, stock up on favourites. Self explanatory really but make use of the discount on things you know you will need in a month or two, or you tend to go through quickly. And finally, take tissues. No, not because it's an emotional day, although I was pretty irritated when there were no fair coloured concealers left in Maybelline Age Rewind. No you need tissues because there's few things more annoying than having a handful of swatches and no tissues in sight to wipe them off. Just a few ideas to make the day a little easier!

Hope you all enjoyed this sale and picked up some new goodies. I have being loving seeing everyone's hauls on Instagram this week and it's already getting me way too excited for the next sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment