Saturday, 28 February 2015

Bobbi Brown Haul

As hinted in my last post a trip to Bobbi Brown was bound to happen, and happen it did. I went in knowing I wanted to try their famous Corrector and look for a ‘your lips but better’ nude lipstick which was the first product that the brand ever created. I walked out with five products. Pretty standard really. This is what I got.


 
I have been using the products for a little over a week now and I can say that some things I love and others I could leave.

Let's start with the love.

The Corrector. This hides a late night (or a few late nights) like nothing I have ever tried before. I like to use it very sparingly, applying little by little until I reach my desired/required coverage. I apply it with a small flat brush and then build and build. This step probably takes the longest out of all my daily makeup routine, but trust me it’s worth it. After applying the product and dabbing it in to the skin with my finger I am almost entirely rid of my purple shadows. Then I do my whole face with foundation and I then apply a thin swipe of Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and blend that in with a Real Techniques brush, then (final step, I promise) I sweep the area with the Bobbi Brown setting powder found in the Creamy Concealer Kit. The whole process may seem like a bit of work, but it guarantees to give me proper under eye coverage all day and doesn’t look worn out, cakey or get set in the creases; even at the end of another long day. One thing worth mentioning with this Corrector is that moisture is essential. I apply a light gel based serum to the area before getting started and let it soak in for a couple of minutes. This gives the Corrector a good base to cling to and ensures it doesn’t gather in those fine lines.

Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque

My other love from this haul is the Pink Ballet lip pencil.
I picked this up because it filled a gap in my makeup collection (how very practical of me), I didn’t have a pinky nude lip pencil. I have a brown nude, I have a peach nude and now I have a pink nude too. See? It was essential. As for this pencil itself the colour is lovely and flattering on my pale skintone; it adds warmth without adding too much colour, it wears well and isn’t too hard in texture. Overall, a good pick.
Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil in Ballet Pink

And as for the items I would be happy to leave.
I could definitely live without the Creamy Concealer Kit and the lipstick I got. Although I quite enjoy the powder for setting my under eye area the concealer itself I could be without. I don’t believe you can purchase that shade powder (the colour is White, I'm really pale) alone so I'll have to check out the full range of Sheer Finish Pressed Powders and see if they have another colour that works just as well. I use it to set the area under my eyes, around my nose and on my chin. and it works well. The Concealer itself though, I’d pass on.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Porcelain / White Powder
 
As for the lipstick, well the smell itself isn’t enough to put me off entirely but it’s certainly not my favourite scent. I find it neither moisturising nor drying exactly but after wearing it for a few hours I do feel like I really need a good lip balm. The colour is Pale Pink and is a sheer finish. It is a lovely tone but that's about all it has going for it my opinion.
Bobbi Brown Rouge A Levres Lipstick in Pale Pink

I will keep using all these products, they aren’t bad they just aren’t all standouts so perhaps they will grow on me or I’ll find another purpose for them. I definitely think that Bobbi Brown has some great products and I’ll definitely we keeping a more watchful eye on the new collections and products that come out. But in all seriousness, if you struggle with a dark under eye area and want a product that will last give this one a go. I can’t guarantee it will work as amazingly for you as it does for me, but on the chance that it might it's worth the trial and error to find Holy Grail products.

LINK: Bobbi Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment