Sunday, 18 January 2015

Mario Badescu Facial Spray

Anyone who has ever ventured out to find a new moisturizing product will know that almost every skincare item out there claims to be 'moisturizing', 'nourishing' or 'renewing'. Whether it be a cream, lotion, treatment, serum or gel they all seem to declare variations of the same thing. But how many actually change your skin? Most products will make you skin feel different immediately but few make permanent changes to the appearance and feel of your actual skin.

I recently received an order from BeautyBay and as part of the order they kindly included two free sample sized Mario Badescu products. One of the samples was the Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater. Now I should start by saying that I was already a fan of this particular skincare line but they have such a vast offering of products that I was probably not likely to try this particular one.

I'm lucky to have picked it up as a freebie because I would have never added a 'Facial Spray' to my cart. I just wouldn't have ever thought it would do all that much for my skin. But I would have been very wrong indeed. In fact I loved this product so much a went out and bought a full sized one before I was even half way through my sample, I wasn't going to run the risk of being without this amazing product, not even for a day or two.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray

I use this after I get out of the shower (after cleansing) to lock in a bit of moisture before I apply my night time moisturizer. I find that it helps my cream slide on with a bit more slip and in the morning my skin definitely looks plumper and I have less dry spots (like on my forehead and nose) than when I don't use the spray. This in turn gives my foundation a smoother base to cling to and as a result I achieve a much nicer finish.

It has a gorgeously fresh floral scent that smells of Rose however the ingredients section lists Gardenia Extract and Aloe Juice, but no specific Rose extract. In terms of the scent I still love the Caudalie Beauty Elixir but with the Mario Badescu spray costing a mere fraction of the Elixir's hefty price tag I can spray this liberally every day and not wince at the thought of how much it is costing me.

I will also occasionally use this on top of my makeup to refresh it if I need to get a few more hours than normal out of my face, and when I do this it does do a great job of freshening up and setting my makeup but my main recommendation for this spray is when used underneath your regular skincare as an extra layer of moisture. And honestly, at this time of year especially, who would say no to that?

LINK: Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater

No comments:

Post a Comment