Thursday, 1 January 2015

Lipsticks Make The Best Presents

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I used to get really in to the Christmas collections that all the big cosmetic houses put out each year. Limited edition products, special gifts with purchases, unique packaging and very often some smaller sized offerings which allow you to try a handful of new products without the full sized price tags. I had gone off them recently but this year NARS has suckered me back in and this beauty was added to my Christmas list.

I have been a longtime fan of the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, they are easy to apply and are insanely pigmented meaning high staying power. If you aren't familiar with these products they are your typical lip colour in a crayon that is available from almost every brand. Note though that these aren't the wind-up variety, they do require a special NARS pencil sharper. But what sets NARS apart, for me anyway, is the amazing range of colours and the longevity of their bright and dark shades.


This year NARS released a set of 5 travel-sized colours in the Digital World gift set, housed in a lovely acrylic box. Two of the colours are from the permanent range however the other three are limited editions (two of which are repromotes from past collections). In any case they were five that I didn't already have so I figured it was a perfect way to try a few more.

L - R: Iberico, Torres Del Paine, Descanso, Yu and Cruella

The colour range is great with two Matte Velvet shades and three Satin finishes, and since they work out significantly more cost effective than their larger counterparts I would definitely recommend giving them a whirl if you are new to NARS lip products, or if like me, you can just never have too many.


No comments:

Post a Comment